Warning, Warning, Warning!
I’m telling you now! If you are on a diet, trying to lose weight, or diabetic please do not continue! Do not look at these tantalizing, scrumptious photo’s of the most delicious bread you have ever tasted! Filled with fresh strawberries, creamy mascarpone cheese and butter. Added to that, is sweetened condensed milk and the wonderful flavor of white sugar all topped with a white chocolate truffle icing enriched with whipping cream and tasty morsels of white chocolate. Guaranteed to help you gain at least 10 pounds!
Really? You want to read more? Are you sure you don’t want to check out David and Luise’s wonderful food blog at Green Kitchen Stories or better yet go to the fridge and grab a few carrots and munch away?
OK, you asked for it. But, before we begin please loosen your belts. This Quick Bread is so full of calories you will gain weight just looking at these pics.
Strawberry Bread with White Chocolate Truffle Icing
Recipe type: Quick Bread
Fresh Strawberries, mascapone cheese and sweetened condensed milk help to create a moist tantalizing bread that is smooth and silky texture to the taste. All topped off this a sweet white truffle icing. A perfect summer bread for your special guests or family members!.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup mascapone cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¾ cups chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ pound good-quality white chocolate
- such as Lindt or Baker's), finely chopped
- Prep all your ingredients ahead of time. This will help to make sure you have all the ingredients you need for the recipe and to help make things move faster. In a large bowl combine the butter and the mascapone cheese together and beat till well mixed.
- Add in the sugar and continue to mix till all the sugar is incorporated in. Now, add in the eggs, one at a time, mix till the egg is well blended in then add the next egg. Do this till all the eggs are added.
- Add in the milk, condensed milk and the vanilla. Stir till well mixed. In a second bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix till all the flour is incorporated into the mixture ( do not over mix ).
- After the dry ingredients are mixed, blend in the wet mixture.
- Fold in the fresh sliced strawberries and pour out into 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 60-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. If you are using a heat thermometer you want it to read between 180F to 185F. Allow to cool in the loaf pans for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
- Bring cream and butter to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cream mixture over the white chocolate in a bowl; mix till the chocolate has melted.
- Cover and freeze until cold, about 2 hours. Spread over the cooled strawberry bread and place into the fridge for ½ hour.