Are you looking for something that is easy, tasty and really quick to make? Well, you will have to make these savory and delicious mini White Cheddar Cheese and Chive Popovers. They only take minutes to put together ….and about 10 minutes to bake. They are like mini Yorkshire puddings but filled with cheese. Really good with a bowl of soup!
If your wondering about the photo in the background, it’s a picture of my sister Angela and myself… back in the day.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbl Chives
- 1¼ cup Whole Milk ( room temp. )
- 2 Large Eggs ( room temp. )
- 1 Tbl Butter ( melted )
- 3 ozWhite Cheddar Cheese ( finely grated )
- Prep all your ingredients together to make sure you have everything you need for this recipe
- Place the flour, chives, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together till well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, butter and eggs together. Using a whisk beat together till well mixed.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Stir with a spoon till blended ( do not over mix )
- Pour mixture into a glass measuring cup to make it easy to pour.
- Spray some mini muffin tins with Pam or use shortening.
- Fill the mini muffin tins half full with the batter.
- Take the white cheddar and drop a pinch into the middle of each cup.
- Place into a preheated 350F or 176C oven for 8 to 10 minute (try not to open the oven door ). Remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.